Temple Helpout..

Quite a number of things happened in my temple. By the way, yes, my family owns a temple located at Chua Chu Kang St 51, Ngoh Hock Temple.

Yesterday was the day where we need to inform god that their birthday is here and have to invite them down to mortal and celebrate. Some unexplained things happened and I dont feel like sharing it here but all I want to say is, in this planet, earth, mortal world, there are plenty of unexplained things. I am not brain-washing nor telling stories but this "unexplained" is very real.

It happened today again. I guess this is the only way to know certain answers that we normal people will never find out. Show you guys some pictures okie. I think we must start appreciating this kind of old tradition thing before it dies off.


This is the temple my family own. Nice? Haha, better say nice cos we put up the neccessary decoration on last week Sunday.
There are roughly around 200 people (exclude those neighbors, if include, 300 people) at that moment when we invite god. These people here are not from streets but some are our long time supporter and member of the temple. They are crowding around there because the god are doing something there and how can we see the god? Of course, the god "borrow" the mortal human bodies and do the job but of course not everyone can "lent" out the bodies.
Just imagine me writing nearly 100 names today and majority of those old aunties speak to me in Hainanese which I understand but I cant speak back. When I answered them in Chinese, they dont understand too. Communication breakdown happens and the aunties will laugh at me for not understanding Hainanese because the temple, the god, are from Hainan Island. Hahaha, nvm.. I guess you all also dont understand.
I have to go and rest now to prepare for tomorrow! Take care people.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tong Tong, do you know when and where was this temple founded? thanks

Popular posts from this blog

March 2024

Emptied 2022, New 2023

Ending 2023 with no bangs (but I got fringe)