The trip to Australia!

My first ever solo trip to overseas was really an awesome one!! A total of 9 days in Perth was really worth it.

Day 1 (12 April 2013)
Went to Changi Airport T3 alone. The feeling was great. Been able to rely on yourself to do everything was really an unforgettable experience. On the previous day, I did an online check-in and thus I am allowed to check-in an hour later than the previous time. Reached T3 at around 7.45am. Went straight to SIA online check-in counter and was shocked to see my backpack's weight was only 9kg! Went in to the duty-free right after gotten the boarding pass. That was the part where I started to get really high. Ordered BK's breakfast and seriously, IT PERKS MY HIGH MODE TO THE MAX after having that. While getting ready to take off, the stubborn me still did not switch my handphone mode to flight mode and thus I took pictures of my seat (3 seats all occupied all by myself) and the thrill of me in SQ plane. I also messaged my dearest lecturer to remind her of my flight so that she can come and fetch me. HAHAHAHAH.

Touched down at Perth International Airport at around 2.40pm and the flight was really great. Aiya, I got nothing much to complain about SQ. The moment I step out of the immigration, I saw my lecturer together with her daughter. So started to talk and chit chat about SG and all lah. Weather was really perfect!! I remember it was cooling like air-con temperature.

Well, because Perth was transcending into Winter mode, thus the day time was reduced to 5.30pm and after that, the skies will get real dark. Unlike in SG, we still can see the dark blue skies trying to fade off at 7pm. And then, my first virgin dish in Perth was FISH AND CHIPS. For those who know me well, they know I wouldnt wanna eat fish and chips in Singapore due to the oily level. I seriously cannot take the trapped fish smell in the fish and chips. I dont know how to have a better description but the smell of the fish is really strong in SG. I tried places before in Mahattan and Fish & Co, i totally dislike fish and chips. After my virgin dinner in Perth served with Fish & Chips, I TELL U, I REALLY LIKE IT!! Ok, so first day was kind of wasted in settling down. My lecturer prepared a room for me with a queen sized bed. She really help me save alot in terms of lodging. After the dinner, my lecturer and her husband brought me to view the nightview of King's Park. Frankly, it was just a park, but I love their grass. Their grass are not like Singapore grass, where it will get muddy after a heavy rain. Their grass look as though it is for golf. The night tour in King's Park ended the day.

Day 2 (13 April 2013)
It was a Saturday and my lecturer plus her mum decided to bring me to Perth City, a CBD area which is somehow the size of Orchard Road plus together with Raffles place and Marina Bay. We drove to Mends Street jetty where we will be taking a ferry and cross over the Swan River to get to Perth City, which will be the Barrack Street jetty. One good thing about that area is that they have free bus chartered only in that area.So travelling around the city area is free! They have Red Cat, Blue Cat and Yellow Cat which brings you almost to every tourist hot spot. Had my lunch in a Thai restaurant and ordered this Omelette Rice. I tell you, the food was FANTASTIC. The omelette is not watery that kind, its really crispy and nice. So after lunch, we walk around the city and my lecturer trying to bring me around, while I was trying to remember those locations and places so that I will not get lost if I were to visit the places again. Went back at around 3pm+ where we took the ferry again. My lecturer need to prepare dinner thus ending the trip early, moreover the sun was setting soon. After dinner, my lecturer together with her husband brought me to this pub in Subiaco area. Due to my blardy gastric, I try to refrain in drinking alcoholic drinks thus I ordered this Lychee Cocktail. Aiya, it was nice!! So after the drink, I was telling them that I have the intention to catch a movie in Perth to just experience the theatre feel lah, and then POOF, they brought me straight to movie theatre and we watch Trance. The movie states that it is for M15 and above but seriously, it looks like half RA film to me due to the pictures and the way they film. The movie had scences of all naked, and I mean, ALL NAKED of a woman. I was shocked sia. Ok, my night ended in shockness.

Day 3 (14 April 2013)
Early morning, my lecturer and her family went to church. Initially I had the intention of wanting to go to church with them to just see the surrounding but because the laziness kick in, I decided to sleep longer. Well, its not very long. I remember waking up at around 9am+. They brought me to Caversham Park to see Kangeroos and Koala Bears. Initially I thought its a free entry park, where you can just touch them but then, YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE A TICKET TO GET IN. So the ticket cost around AUD25. Again, my lecturer paid my share. Mind you, this visit to Caversham Park was done together with my lecturer, her mum, her husband and two of her children. So by just calculating the price of the adults, it cost a bomb to them liao and I seriously was getting abit shy and pai seh about this. After purchasing the ticket, we went into a cafe to have our lunch and my first order by myself was this Chicken Burger. I tell you all hor, the Chicken Burger is the size of Mac's Big Mac. I have to pressed the burger down with force to flatten it in order to take a bite of bread, meat plattie, veg and tomato. One thing I like about having western food there is the freshness of the ingredient. Was really busy eating that I did not take the picture of that food. After lunch, we went and took the tram ride. Thank god their system was down, thus they are unable to collect money from us and instead of cancel off the tram ride, or should I say close down for the day, they allow us to take it for FREE. Free ok!! One ticket cost around AUD10+. Took the tram and it travelled around the park. Was nice to feel the breeze and the scenery was nice! Finally, we went and visit the open area for kangeroos.I took alot of pictures on the kangeroos. The good thing about having this area open up for public to touch them is that firstly, the kangeroos are really tame. You can touch and hug them, they will not scratch you or injure you. Secondly, I see alot of children trying to feed them (the food was given by the park ranger) and giving tender loving care. The children are well aware that they need to treat the animals with care and thus, there was not beating to the kangeroos, no screaming, no kicking. Imagine we have this in Singapore, the children will take the wooden stick from the floor and start poking them. Thirdly, there are some pregnant kangeroos and kangeroos that have Joey in their pouch. Its rare to see such things in Singapore. I believe the joey or the pregnant kangeroos will be removed if they are found pregnant. After this, my lecturer told me that they have this animal show on how they sheep. I mean, like how they shave a sheep botak and what the dogs will do. Aiyo, IT WAS AN EYE-OPENER. I enjoyed every single bit of this show case. Would strongly recommend friends who intend to go perth to go for such animal show (not in zoo lah, probably can go to Caversham Park). After all these, we went back home and my lecturer prepared dinner AGAIN.

Day 4 (15 April 2013)
As my lecturer had prompted to me that she will be unavailable to bring me to go around from Mon to Wed, I will need to plan some stuff to do. Thus, I decided to visit the Perth City again on this day. Travelled out in the morning at around 9+ after sending her daughter to school. Toured around the city and it was during this day, I bought the souvenirs for office staff. Its not anything fantastic. Its coasters but hor, its not cheap also lor. 6 pieces of coasters cost around AUD18. I bought 3 packet of it. Hahahaah, coasters do cost that much. Bought myself a cap because my lecturer asked me to as the sun can be harsh at times and I was planning for an adventure one day trip. Had KFC for lunch and after that, I went to Perth Mint to have a tour on how coins are created, how gold bar was found in Australia and a show on how they melt the gold bar and cool it off again. Ok, this tour cost me AUD15. Half regret half not.. But the commentator WAS GOOD. Not because he is good-looking lah, but he gave a very good explanation. For me who has trouble in understanding Aussie due to their accent, I thought he really did a good job because I seriously can understand every single thing he was sharing. After that, I got lost for about 2 hours due to the transport and I thought to go back to my lecturer's place, I can use that method I thought it will work, apparently, it did not work and phone batt was dying too as well. Was apps-ing my bestie on how scared I am and all. But anyways, I seriously managed to find my way back, NOT TAKING TAXI, but by bus and mrt. Oh oh, their MRT really makes me go WOW. Ok, to go to Perth City, you have to get down at Perth Underground station. To get back to my lecturer's house, I have to get down at Murdoch Station. So, I board the train at Esplanade station (right after this stop, it is Perth Underground) because I was lost, this station is like the main bus interchange so after realising that I took the wrong bus, I decided to alight at the station as there are MRT. When Murdoch station reached, I should alight right or not? Then hor, the tourist mode came when I realise, eh, why is my door not opening? I looked at the others, the others look at me, I guess they know that I am a tourist, a lady was nice and told me to press the button located at the side of the door. WAH, I TELL YOU, I GOT SHOCK LEH. Firstly, I was already Wow-ed by their MRT having carpeted flooring and sofa kinda seat (the seat is like our SMRT bus, not plastic one), then the second thing that make me go Wow-ed is the button. I pressed the button and the door opened!! I then realise they designed it this way was to prevent air-con from flowing out. Ok, so after alighting at Murdoch Station, my first ever time where I took the bus back home. Aiyo, shiok experience. I can totally feel that I am living in Perth (as if lah, but really feel that way). Dinner again, was prepared by my lecturer.

Day 5 (16 April 2013)
Felt abit feverish and throat pain after waking up, so decided to stay at home and not travel out because as previously mentioned, i was planning for an adventure trip and that trip is to cycle in Rottnest Island. So, staying at home should be a good choice so as to ensure that I will not fall sick during the rest of the holidays. Decided to also explore the neighbourhood and thus, with a sweater, I walked out to this place name Leeming Forum, where they have supermarkets, food shop, cafe for me to visit. Although it is just in the neighbourhood, I still open the Map app, take a look at it on how should I go about and IT WAS EASY! I love maps and I love the fact that I CAN READ MAP. Not hao lian, but some people really cannot read map. Tried this Chin's Restaurant and ordered Sweet & Sour Pork lunch meal. Cost me AUD10. Cheap right because that is for lunch meal during weekdays. After that, went back home and look at Rottnest package. Was comtemplating whether I should take the bus ride or to cycle in the island. It took me quite some time to decide and because I wanna try been adventurous, I decided to try the bicycle and cycle around the island. Looking at the map of Rottnest, the track is probably around 16km to 20km long. Had an early rest and was all ready for the cycle.

Day 6 (17 April 2013)
Lecturer sent me to ferry again to take the ferry to Barrack Street jetty and board the Rottnest Express to the island. It took a total of about 1 hour and 15 mins like that to reach that place. Before reaching Rottnest, it stops at Fremantle to board people who are also going to Fremantle as well. Once reached, they issue us helmet and bicycle. Initially the cycling was ok, but after like 3km, my thigh start to feel the tense. There was a few parts of the road that looks secluded and quiet. Its like, if something happened over there, no one will know, especially the island's surroundings are sea, not those east coast sea hor, its those big seas where you look afar, you see nothing but one or two ship container and blue seas lor. I saw a few ang mohs snorkel alone. There was a particular one, I saw her walking up with a surf board, wanting to change off the suit. What she did next was shocking, she wanted to change the suit off, and because I was taking a picture of the scenery, I cannot help not to notice her, she just TAKE OFF THE SUIT AND WENT NAKED. After I saw the half naked of her, I cycled off fast. I guess this is Asian's reaction lah. All I can say is, the island was fantastic. I would love to visit the island again, but this time, I hope I wont be doing it alone. Took the ferry back but only stops at Fremantle, was alittle shock when I know it only stops at Fremantle and not going to Barrack St jetty. Luckily they have MRT station over there, which is the Fremantle Station. Took the train all the way back to Murdoch. Stop by Chin's Restaurant and order Duck Rice and Chicken Omelette. Total cost of AUD22. Was shocked that the duck rice cost that much. And whats more shocking is, I CANNOT FINISH AT ALL. (I cant help but to feel that I have slim down at that point of time). My lecturer told me that she will be bringing me to winery and chocolate factory next day, and this set to the excitement mode.

Day 7 (18 April 2013)
Woke up almost between 8am to 9am (no later than that) everyday and sleep at around 9pm to 11pm (no later than that too) almost everyday too. Lecturer drove up to Winery and Chocolate factory, which is quite near to Joondalup. I am not a wine person, but I must say their wine is so tasty. Its doesnt give you the sharp sting at your tongue when you drink. Its smoothing. My lecturer bought 6 bottles of white wine. Chocolate factory was an eye opener. They allow sampling and you can take as many as you want, which because of what they did, in terms of having the samplings putting it right outside and allowing you to take, not many people, or should I say, not a single one will take alot. All of them will take a spoonful or two to try. After trying it, I bought the dark chocolate. Now I regret not buying more. Their chocolate is not sweet, but it taste very nice and rich in Cocoa. Wasted... Went back home at around late afternoon and again, lecturer cook dinner. HAHAHAHAH. Save alot of money lor as of now.

Day 8 (19 April 2013)
Visited Fremantle this day and went to their Asian Market. Bought a blardy expensive soap to one of my colleague. That soap cost AUD4. This colleague has been telling me to buy him a milk soap. At first I seriously thought he was joking around, didnt bother much, until when I saw it in the asian market, its made of goat milk. Since I saw it, just buy it lah. After that market, went to Fremantle prison to visit and tour around. The prison was built ALL BY LIMESTONE, built in the 1800s, the cell looks shabby and simple, unlike the ones in SG. Do you guys remember watching Mission Impossible 3? As in, the recent one by Tom Cruise. Can remember the very first scene of the prison where he intend to escape, that place I visit, look somewhat like that in the movie, except the automated door lah, the ones i visited are manual keys. Toured around with tourist where two are from England, 4 from Hong Kong and the other 2 are from Brisbane. I quite like this tour, where they actually allow us to visit their gallows. A total of 44 prisoners were executed from there. It wasnt that eerie. Ended the day of dining out at Fremantle by having fish and chips and my first australia beer in australia! I LOVE IT!!

Day 9 (20 April 2013)
Went to Water Point beach and as there was a cafe over there, we had lunch there. At that point of time, the weather was turning chilly. If I am not wrong, it was about 12 to 14 degrees in the day already. My lecturer was feeling unwell after that, thus we decided we end the day early by going back. Moreover I need to do my packing as well. This day ended quite early and I can totally feel the sian"ness" I had in me because I was going to fly back the next day. I also get to know that my work (Purchase Order) was screwed up and there are issues in this which I have to settle fast. Whats more is, I GET TO KNOW THAT THIS FUCKING DA JIE SEARCHED MY TABLE BY ASKING MY BOSS FOR PERMISSION. I hate this searching issue, really hate it. Ok, back to perth, I stayed at home whole day and had a super duper early rest (at around 9pm).

Day 10 (21 April 2013)
Before saying Sayonara to Perth, and after telling my lecturer that I would like to try out Hungry Jacks, she drove me to Bull Creeks hungry jack and had lunch over there. Anyways, their Hungry Jacks are known as Burger King in SG. Love their Hungry Jacks alot lor. As I still left AUD700 (I exchanged AUD1000 and spent only AUD300 because majority of the time my lecturer paid for it), I decided to spend abit. Saw this Rayban sunglasses and its DIRT CHEAP! It cost AUD136 and so, without thinking much, I just bought it. Hahahahahah.

Ok, thats my Perth trip. Sounds boring? I am lazy to type it all out lah.. Overall, it was really a nice experience. Hopefully I can visit USA soon this end of year or early nx year. Lets see how the job goes first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2024

Emptied 2022, New 2023

Ending 2023 with no bangs (but I got fringe)