In need to pen it down and get focused!

Yesterday night, at around 11pm, my family reached the Choa Chu Kang Cemetry, eagerly and happily waiting to see and of course, well prepared and ready to see my grandfather in the state that we assume he should be in, and get cremated.

All these while I imagined that the coffin will rot because it wasnt a good coffin, I mean, in terms of the quality and the era when it was manufactured (he passed away in 2001), with at least 10 years, it should be a good reason for it to rot, so when the workers have dug the hole, which was exactly the hole for a whole coffin to come out, what we saw really WOWed us. The coffin did not went into the process of rotting, instead, it looks perfectly fine. The colours remain the same, what was buried down remains the same, of course, because of the rainy weather yesterday and because it wasnt buried deep down, there are water in the pit.

So, when all of us reached and saw that the coffin did not rot, we do feel alittle uneasy. So we are now all ready for the workers to use the chain saw and open up the coffin. Doing this is because we need to see the bones and as the workers pick them up and wash, we, as the descendent of Tan's family, which is my ah gong, we have to tell him constantly that he is "shifting" to a new place and staying together with my ah ma. As the workers are trying to start off the engine, for umpteen times, it died on us. The chain saw could not get started despite having the fuel filled. It was about 10 mins of trying, they decided to travel down to their nearby office and get another chain saw.

So, the second chain saw came. And yes, it get started and they start to saw open the coffin from the feet. When the coffin cover was opened, to their surprise, of course, to ours as well, the body did not rot. For 10 freaking years, it did not rot. The only part that rots are the head and feet. The shoulder, stomach, back, and thighs did not rot at all. Of course, seriously, we feel uneasy. The reason of why we decided to dug him out and get cremated was because my mum has promised him and it was because a certain things happened 2 times, we get his message and thus, we know he wanted to get out of it. But it was until we saw the body yesterday, we realised how badly he want to get out. I mean, the scene of him still having his intestine and the belly are still there will be an image that I will never forget it. I am glad that because of my curiousity to dead bodies, and forensic related stuff, I seriously have seen some gross pictures online and thus when viewing my grandfather, it was not that bad. Partly might be because he is my grandfather, thus I do not feel afraid at all, moreover my mother was there.

I was looking at my grandfather's tummy and I feel upset. For 10 years, all should have rotted and should be "clean" but he was not in that state.

I told my mum we have been eating lots of meat, I will be a vegetarian for a month to seek to release alittle burden for him.

Its too dramatic to see him in the state. I seriously hope he is fine now after been cremated..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2024

Emptied 2022, New 2023

Ending 2023 with no bangs (but I got fringe)